With this custom 14″ sync cable you can connect two YI 4K cameras together for synchronized shooting. Perfect for shooting back-to-back 360 degree videos using Ribcage Modified YI 4K cameras and Entaniya lenses, or for other applications requiring synchronized footage.
- Download firmware files – https://github.com/YITechnology/YIOpenAPI/tree/master/vr/bin/1.0.179/en-us
- Select one camera as master camera. Rename firmware_first.bin to firmware.bin and copy it to the root folder of the camera’s microSD card. Insert the SD card to the camera, turn it on and follow instruction on the screen to update the camera’s firmware.
- The other camera is the slave camera. Rename firmware_others.bin to firmware.bin and copy it to the root folder of the microSD card of that camera. Insert the microSD cards to the camera, turn on the camera and follow the instruction on the screen to update the firmware.
- To set the cameras with desired mode using the touch screen. Currently we support three modes: 12MP photo, 2.5K video and 2.5K time lapse video. Please make sure all cameras are configured with the same mode.
- Pair the Bluetooth control with controller camera (optional)
- Go to system setting of controller camera.
- Select Bluetooth Pairing
- Press the button on the Bluetooth control and release until the light on Bluetooth control turns blue.
- Install the cameras in your preferred arrangement.
- Use the custom sync cable to connect to USB ports of each camera. Each port of the cable is identical so it doesn’t matter which endpoint of cable connects to which camera.
- Power on
- Press and hold both camera’s power/shutter button to turn on the camera.
- Record video or time lapse video
- Change both cameras’ mode to video or time lapse video.
- Press Bluetooth control’s shutter button or control camera’s power/shutter button to get all cameras ready for recording.
- Press Bluetooth control’s shutter button or control camera’s power/shutter button again to start recording.
- Recording your video.
- Press Bluetooth control’s shutter button or control camera’s power/shutter button to stop recording. We recommend you limit each of your shot to be less than 30 minutes so clock drift is below 10ms. You can record multiple shots as long as your cameras’ microSD cards still have space and batteries still have power.
- Take photo
- Change both cameras’ mode to photo.
- Press Bluetooth control’s shutter button to take a photo.
- Power off
- Press and hold power/shutter button of the master camera to turn off cameras.
- Feel free to use any stitching software you like to post-process the recorded video files and generate 360 VR videos.