Note: Some super wide angle and fisheye M12 lenses may not be compatible with the H8PRO. The M12 lenses in our shop clearly list their compatibility in the product details. As a general rule M12 lenses with a back focus distance of 3.2mm or under are not compatible. H8PRO is not capable of shooting infrared. If infrared is needed please see our H7PRO camera.
The GoPro HERO8 Black has industry leading specs, quality and features. Why not take full advantage by putting on your own choice of lens?
- Keep full 4K/60 resolution with narrow fields of view or specialty lenses
- Get professional defocused backgrounds
- Live streaming
- Next generation ‘HyperSmooth 2.0’ video stabilization
- Clean 4K/30 HDMI out available via GoPro Media Mod (sold separately)
- Use vintage lenses like Bolex & D-Mount for unique footage
- Optically correct fisheye distortion without processing
- Focus, zoom and iris control for professional results not possible with the original fisheye lens
- Add custom optical filters for your application
- Create professional high resolution 4K/60 cinematic footage for less money
- Fit a professional camera in a small space
- Incredible macro
- Fit in small drones / gimbals
- Connect to microscopes, telescopes and more!
Tripod Mount & Original Folding Mount Included!
Our tripod mount accessory simply replaces the folding mount on the bottom of the camera to provide three standard tripod mounting points. It’s also fully compatible with the stock GoPro HERO8 Black! The original mount is also included and is easily replaced.
New Low Profile M12 Mounting Plate
Use the standard CS / C-Mount lens mounts, or exchange them with the new low profile M12 mount. An M12 to CS-Mount ring is also included.
Use a cost-effective C-Mount lens or attach your favorite SLR lens with an adapter. Use vintage glass like Bolex and Super-8. Pull focus, zoom and control iris settings for the perfect look. With the built in exposure lock and manual exposure controls of the HERO8 you can get a perfect, repeatable result. All that in a tiny package you can fit almost anywhere to get the shot.
The Flexibility of C-Mount
C-Mount was developed in the 1920’s for early film cameras. It was popular for home video cameras up until the 1970’s and has since become the standard for high resolution security and machine vision cameras and lenses. As a result, there is a library containing countless lenses from almost 100 years. In addition, it’s a common mount type for professional scientific and medical imaging equipment so you can attach your camera directly to many telescopes, microscopes and more! Another benefit is that C-Mount is so common that adapters exist for almost every lens type you can think of.
1 x USB-C
HDMI available via GoPro Media Mod accessory
3840 x 2160p at 24/25/30/50/60 fps (78 Mb/s MP4 via H.264/AVC)
3840 x 2160p at 24/25/30/50/60 fps (78 Mb/s MP4 via H.265/HEVC)
2704 x 1520p at 24/25/30/50/60/100/120 fps (MP4)
1920 x 1440p at 24/25/30/50/60/100/120 fps (MP4)
1920 x 1080p at 24/25/30/50/60/100/120/200/240 fps (MP4)
1280 x 960p at 100/120/200/240 fps (MP4)
1280 x 720p at 50/60/200/240 fps (MP4)
12MP (4000 x 3000) RAW / JPG / HDR
- Hypersmooth 2.0 video stabilization
- Live Streaming
- SuperPhoto HDR
- HDMI out available via GoPro Media Mod (sold separately)
- Portrait Video/Photo
- Voice Control
- Manual Exposure Control
- Exposure Lock
- Electronic Image Stabilization
- Integrated Touch Screen
- Quik Integration
- H8PRO Modified HERO8 Black
- Tripod Mount
- Original folding GoPro mount
- 5mm C-Mount ring
- Low Profile M12 Mounting Plate
- M12 to CS adapter
- M12 locking ring
- Plastic cap (C-Mount)
- USB-C Cable
- Curved adhesive mount
- Mounting buckle
- Protective glass filter