Use Your Own Lenses on GoPro Hero5 & Hero6!
- Use a narrow field of view (zoom in) without giving up 4K resolution
- Optically correct fisheye distortion without processing
- Add shooting features like focus, zoom and iris control for professional results not possible with the regular lens
- Get pro looking defocussed backgrounds
- Add custom filters for your application
- Create professional high resolution cinematic footage for less money
- Fit a professional camera in a small space
- Connect to microscopes, telescopes and more
- Back-Bone has developed the Ribcage – a camera modification that allows multiple lenses to be attached
- Camera parts are manufactured and installed in Canada
- The front of the camera and the lens are removed and replaced with our precision machined aluminum parts
- The original camera lens can be re-used
- Available for Hero6 & two Hero5 versions: H5M12 for compact ‘M12’ lenses and the H5PRO for M12 as well as larger professional lenses
- DIY kits are also available for Hero3/3+, Hero4 and YI 4K/4K+
The answer is ‘just about anything’. The Ribcage H5M12 camera will take small fixed focus high-res M12 lenses and the H5PRO & H6PRO will take M12, CS and C-Mount lenses. Just about any popular lens type can be connected the H5PRO/H6PRO with optional adapters including Nikon, Canon, Pentax and more. In addition, because C-Mount is the primary mount type it can be attached to a wide variety of scientific and medical equipment. It can be connected directly to a C-Mount beam splitter on a microscope or to a telescope with a small adapter.