The Hero5 Black has industry leading specs and quality. Why not take full advantage by putting on your choice of lens?
- Keep full 4K resolution with narrow fields of view
- Optically correct fisheye distortion without processing
- Add shooting features like focus, zoom and iris control for professional results not possible with the regular lens
- Get professional looking defocused backgrounds
- Add custom optical filters for your application
- Create professional high resolution cinematic footage for less money
- Fit a professional camera in a small space
- Incredible macro
- Shoot Infra-Red, NIR and NDVI
- Full 4K UHD out via HDMI for external capture
- Fit in small drones / gimbals
- Connect to microscopes, telescopes and more
Use a cost-effective C-Mount lens or attach your favorite SLR lens with an adapter. Use vintage glass like Bolex and Super-8. Pull focus, zoom and control iris settings for the perfect look. With the built in exposure lock and manual exposure controls of the Hero5 you can get a perfect, repeatable result.
Drones / Gimbals
The Ribcage H5PRO is Karma ready when using small M12 lenses and can be mounted to other Hero5 aerial platforms and gimbals. Customize your field of view by choosing your own lens, no need to lower the resolution for more zoom!
360° Video Capture
Fully compatible with Entaniya, iZugar and many other high resolution circular fisheye lenses for full spherical capture with fewer cameras. Get a full 360° capture with as little as 2 cameras or 360° x 280° with one camera!
4K HDMI Out (3840 x 2160)
Capture videos in your favorite professional codec using the clean UHD video out. Capture video to an external device, live stream video or 360° video content. Show live 4K footage on compatible displays.
The Flexibility of C-Mount
C-Mount was developed in the 1920’s for early film cameras. It was popular for home video cameras up until the 1970’s and has since become the standard for high resolution security and machine vision cameras and lenses. As a result, there is a library containing countless lenses from almost 100 years. In addition, it’s a common mount type for professional scientific and medical imaging equipment so you can attach your camera directly to many telescopes, microscopes and more! Another benefit is that C-Mount is so common that adapters exist for almost every lens type you can think of.
3840 x 2160 / 24 fps / 25 fps / 30 fps
2704 x 2028 / 25 fps / 30 fps
2704 x 1520 / 24 fps / 25 fps / 30 fps / 48 fps / 50 fps / 60 fps
1920 x 1440p / 24 fps / 25 fps / 30 fps / 48 fps / 50 fps / 60 fps / 80 fps
1920 x 1080 / 24 fps / 25 fps / 30 fps / 48 fps / 50 fps / 60 fps / 80 fps / 90 fps / 120 fps
1280 x 960 / 50 fps / 60 fps / 120 fps
1280 x 720 / 25 fps / 30 fps / 50 fps / 60 fps / 100 fps / 120 fps / 240 fps
854 x 480 / 240 fps
12MP (4000 x 3000) RAW / JPG
- Voice Control
- Manual Exposure Control
- Exposure Lock
- Electronic Image Stabilization
- Integrated Touch Screen
- Ribcage H5PRO Modified Hero5 Black
- Sidekick tripod mount
- 2x IR-Cut Filter
- 5mm C-Mount ring
- M12 to CS adapter
- M12 locking ring
- Original Hero5 lens
- Hero5 lens adapter ring
- Plastic cap
- USB-C Cable