Terms & Conditions
BEFORE SHIPPING A RETURN PLEASE CONTACT US VIA THE ‘QUICK CONTACT’ FORM AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE FOR INSTRUCTIONS!
- Back-Bone has a 14-day refund and/or exchange policy for most merchandise.
- No products are eligible for price adjustments after purchase.
- To be considered for return the product(s) must be in as-new unopened condition.
- Defective products may be returned to Back-Bone for inspection within 14 days of the purchase. Once our inspection confirms the item is defective, a replacement product will be provided at the discretion of Management and/or the manufacturer.
Goods may be returned or exchanged within 14 days of receipt providing:
- They are returned in “as new” unopened condition, free of visible marks, scratches or defects
- They are complete with all packaging materials and are accompanied by a receipt from the original purchase
- Shipping charges are not refunded.
- Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer.
- We are not responsible for personal data or items left in returned merchandise.
When sending a return, customers must first contact Back-Bone for the proper instructions. FedEx and USPS are recommended for return shipping. UPS shipments from outside Canada will not be accepted as they will charge additional fees to Back-Bone. In the event that taxes or duties are charged to Back-Bone on receipt of a returned item they will be subtracted from the refund. A receipt of the tax/duty charge will be provided to the customer in that case.
Refunds will be made using the same method as the original payment.
All returns are subject to inspection and return approval by back-bone staff. Back-Bone reserves the right to charge for missing or damaged merchandise and parts. If Back-Bone management determines that an item is returnable but does not meet all guidelines, Back-Bone reserves the right to charge an additional restocking fee. The fee charged may vary according to the item’s condition, the state of the item’s packaging and the item value. The minimum restocking fee is 10%.
Special Order Products
Back-Bone requires a full, non-refundable payment before the product will be ordered in for you. Once we receive your payment the order cannot be cancelled. Applicable products are labeled ‘Special Order’ in the item description.
All Special Order products purchased are considered final sale and not eligible for refund or exchange unless deemed and confirmed by Back-Bone to be defective.
Ribcage Mod Kits
Due to the nature of the product, Ribcage Mod Kits can only be returned if unopened and un-used. In the case of a defective component please view our Ribcage Mod Kit Warranty.
Ribcage Modified Cameras
The standard 14-day return policy applies to our modified cameras as outlined above. Our Ribcage Modified Camera Warranty applies after that time.
Back-Bone Gear Inc. reserves the right to refuse any return or refund of merchandise. Back-Bone also reserves the right to amend or modify this policy from time to time without notice. Please check back regularly
Back-Bone Gear Inc. (Back-Bone) is located in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada and ships to many international destinations. Customers from outside Canada will have brokerage included with shipping methods other than FedEx Ground. Customers are responsible for brokerage fees when using FedEx Ground. Customers are also responsible for their country’s taxes and duties. These additional charges are not included in the shipping price. Please check with your country’s customs office to determine what the additional costs will be prior to buying. Estimates of tax and duty can be determined here: http://www.dutycalculator.com/new-import-duty-and-tax-calculation/
- All shipments originate from Ottawa, Canada via FedEx or Canada Post (North America Only)
- We are unable to mark the package as a “gift”.
- Declared shipment value will come from your invoice and it will not be altered.
- Tracking information will be supplied via email when applicable.
RIBCAGE MODIFIED CAMERAS
By purchasing a ribcage modified camera from our store you recognize and agree that the original manufacturer’s warranty is null and void. Due to the nature of the product back-bone cannot be held responsible for accidental damage caused by users opening the product or removing / replacing the IR-cut filter.
RIBCAGE MOD KITS
Back-bone has designed the Ribcage Mod Kit as a cost effective alternative to buying our more expensive fully modified cameras. Its use requires that your camera be disassembled, and as such this product may not be for everyone. We have done our best to create quality products with detailed installation instructions.
By purchasing a kit you agree that back-bone has no control over the skill level of the end user and cannot not be held responsible for any damage caused by its installation and use. You acknowledge that you have reviewed the installation instructions prior to purchase and are confident in your skill level to properly install the kit. You recognize that the original manufacturer’s warranty (GoPro, Yi Technology) will be void once the kit is applied.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
In no event, regardless of cause, shall back-bone be liable for any indirect, special, incidental, punitive or consequential damages of any kind, whether arising under breach of contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, and whether based on this agreement or otherwise, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.